24 August 2020
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) the Toledano Tradition is the Data Controller and the person authorised by the Society to manage the data is Joanna Lapage-Browne.
The Toledano Tradition is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we will do our utmost to keep your email address private. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who are we
The Toledano Tradition is a Kabbalistic School of the Soul.
Our website address is https://www.toledanotradition.com.
Our Registered address is: 30A Greencroft Gardens, London NW6 3LT
What we collect
We may collect the following:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of responding to our email notifications (including your name and email address);
- information that you send to us for publication on the internet (including your username and your profile pictures);
- information contained in, or relating to, any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta-data associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Who we share your data with
- PayPal for the purposes of delivering paid-for content. No financial account information is exchanged.
- Google for the purposes of protection against spam, DOS and other security concerns.
- SiteGround for the purposes of hosting services (Ip addresses etc)
- Vimeo for the purposes of providing video streaming (ip addresses, usage data, viewing times etc… )
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, security purposes or third-party data.
The Toledano Tradition collects email addresses and certain other personal information to contact you about your online memberships and purchases. You can review, amend or ask to have this information deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information will not be passed onto any third parties. We will do our utmost to keep your email address private. We will use your email address to send you information regarding any purchases you have made, and any legal, security and administrative matters. If you have signed up specifically for our mailing lists you will receive emails inline with the mailing list subscriptions.
We will take responsible precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
Personal data that you supply may be held in paper file format under the control of the Data Controller, held on a private computer (Apple Mac) under the control of the Data Controller, and in electronic databases with our hosting providers to provide services and membership .
Communications in connection with this service may be sent by email. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent in an encrypted form. Email, unless encrypted, is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- to administer our website for The Toledano Tradition;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- to send you non-marketing communications;
- to send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- to send you communications relating to the Toledano Tradition which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this by email;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to our website;
- to keep our website secure and prevent fraud and verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
How long we retain your data
For users who may register on our website, we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete personal information at any time, with the exception, you cannot change you username. Website administrators can also see and edit your information.
Information related to membership is kept for the lifetime of the membership and a record of the membership transaction is kept indefinitely.
Information related to subscriptions and paid-for content is kept indefinitely. This does not include financial account information details, which are handled via a 3rd party (PayPal).
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. These sites will not be governed by this privacy statement and you should, therefore, exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.